FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Generate Stratus clouds as fogs

More
4 years 5 months ago #2130 by Restavr
I like the way fog at low altitude and clouds at high altitude look in version 3.0.1.1810, but I don't see any difference between the checkbox marked "Generate Stratus clouds as fogs" and the unchecked one.
Still question, he changes clouds only if in METAR is specified "FG", or all varieties as, for example "HZ, BR, FU, HZ, DU..."weather events limiting visibility in the surface layer of air?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin
More
4 years 5 months ago #2131 by Restavr
It seems to me, it is possible to give users FS2004 to check efficiency of such decision, they more objectively will be able to answer, whether the problem is solved.
More
4 years 5 months ago #2133 by SilloAdmin
We only used if no lower cloud layer was reported in the METAR, eg (VV001) and if FG was reported.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Restavr
More
4 years 5 months ago #2137 by yanick
Hello

I tested this morning the beta version on Amman Jordan airport code icao OJAI and here are the results

- setting screen fsrealwx: box generate stratus checked
- fsuipc adjustment screen: visibility tab no value is
   mentioned
- OJAI metar screen: visibility displayed 4000 m clouds feew at 3500
     in the data part reads visibility 96 km probably the adjusted value
      in my fs9
-screen fs9 weather OJAI: we can see the visibility displayed at 5nm but
  no stratus layer in the cloud part
- fs9 weather cloud OJAI screen: only one cumulus layer
  is displayed sparse
- screen fs9 meteo OJAI tab visibility: visibility 8km between 2370
  (ojai altitude) and 5800 feet
- ojai ground screen: we can see the layer of fog and visibility
  scaled down
- screen departure ojai 3000 feet: the plane is in the mist
- screen departure ojai 4800 feet: the plane is in the mist
- screen departure ojai 6000 feet: big blue sky no stratus the passage
  from fog to big blue sky is immediate (if one rules dasn fsuipc
  the smoothing of the visibility the pass between mist and blue is smoothed
  10% by 2s econdes
- screen departure ojai 7200 feet: we see very well the airport of Amman
   just after his departure as soon as the plane passes 6000 feet

I restarted by unchecking the box generate stratus; no difference

For now, in view of my observations, the addition of the generate stratus box has no impact on the visibility at the exit of the fog layer and no addition of cloud layers.

I continue my tests on another airport

good luck

yanick
More
4 years 5 months ago #2138 by yanick
following screenshots
More
4 years 5 months ago #2139 by yanick
I have just done a test on ELLX with a BR metar, like no stratus addition that the generate straus box is ticked or not

For info when I am fun with fs9 and a weather that I program in the weather tab of fs9, with fog so visibility reduced, I actually did a layer of stratus 8/8 base altitude with that of the airport and layer top of cloud at altitude layer visibility +500 feet (example visibility 3/8 from 200 to 2500 feet, straus 8/8 from 200 to 3000 feet
More
4 years 5 months ago #2140 by Restavr
As SilloAdmin wrote, for the checkbox "Generate Status clouds as folk" the condition of its operation is as follows:

We only used if no lower cloud layer was reported in the METAR, eg (VV001) and if FG was reported.

At least so far. That's why your replacement wasn't supposed to work. Because on one screen I see " HZ "and in another place you write "BR". I believe, that to change need to everywhere, where is used texture "cirrus_overcast".bmp". You at yourself restored it from a backup? Otherwise you will not see changes.
More
4 years 5 months ago #2141 by yanick
the second test was made on ellx with a BR metar. the cirrus_overcast.bm texture used is the default of fs9.
that the box generature stratus is checked or not the result is identical no stratus layer added.
More
4 years 5 months ago #2142 by SilloAdmin
For the next time please give the complete METAR, otherwise I can not check it properly.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
More
4 years 5 months ago #2143 by Restavr
The visibility of ground fog decreases with altitude until its complete disappearance. This is written by real pilots, this is understandable, because the visible layer of fog becomes thinner. So that describing the situation well normal:

- screen departure ojai 6000 feet: big blue sky no stratus the passage
from fog to big blue sky is immediate (if one rules dasn fsuipc
the smoothing of the visibility the pass between mist and blue is smoothed
10% by 2s econdes
- screen departure ojai 7200 feet: we see very well the airport of Amman
just after his departure as soon as the plane passes 6000 feet

Picture for example
Time to create page: 1.716 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.