FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

temporary problems or?

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #2378 by niksan29
Please check it(near RKSI):

and in this case the new function should work: is meters not found then select alternate source?

Cheers!
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by niksan29.
More
3 years 11 months ago #2379 by Restavr
Replied by Restavr on topic temporary problems or?
I refused from NOAA precisely because of the lack of many weather stations. I use VATSIM, it suits me completely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29
More
3 years 11 months ago #2380 by niksan29
Replied by niksan29 on topic temporary problems or?
Yes, probably this is so, I just wanted to clarify whether the weather source switching function should work in this case?
or does this function work in other cases? for example, when the server is unavailable completely?

Cheers!
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #2381 by Restavr
As far as I understand, there are two situations:
1. there is a weather station but there is no data from it, the program outputs "METAR not Found"
2. there Is no nearby weather station and then the program creates a virtual station "Land" and calculates the weather on it by approximating data from real stations.
In case 1, the switch to an alternative source should be triggered, in the second, of course not.
If I'm wrong, Silvio will explain how it works, I can only guess.
In fact, if our communication is no longer interesting to anyone, you can switch to Russian ;-)
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Restavr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #2382 by niksan29
It also seems to me that it works as you described, in the second option (that you described above), why not implement auto-switching too?
as for the switch to Russian , a good idea, but it is probably better for Silvio( in this case), us to stay in English;)

p/s I also wanted to pay attention if the NOAA metar is not available in a weather engine, in this moment it is available on the: NOAA RKSI , there is probably a communication problem between the engine and the server still exists.

Cheers!
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #2383 by Restavr
By the way, did you fly to Seoul (on a fighter jet, I wonder where) or did you load up at this point? It was such that the program did not immediately find the nearest weather station when loading and began to "fantasize", but I thought that this bug has already been fixed, because I haven't seen it for a long time. And on the question of why it didn't switch - the program didn't see the RKSI weather station, so it didn't switch. But why I didn't see it is a question.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Restavr.
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #2384 by niksan29
I load at this moment(this is saving flight only for test), by the way today everything is OK(NOAA metar RKSI is available in a weather engine).
it seems to me, especially in this case, the function of auto switching to another weather server would be useful;)
In any case, we need Silvio opinion on this B)

Cheers!
Time to create page: 1.029 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.