FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Application fails to start

More
5 years 10 months ago #1579 by Wilson-Steer
Downloaded FSrealWX_Pro, ran setup went to start application following error message appears ........
"This application has failed to start because MSVCP120.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." It didn't ...

There was a downloaded file msvcr120.dll ...

Any ideas where the missing file may be found?
More
5 years 10 months ago #1580 by SilloAdmin
Which version?

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
More
5 years 10 months ago #1581 by Wilson-Steer
Hi ... that was quick. I think it's the top download on the list. This is file that was downloaded FSrealWXv2_Setup_2040854 ... yes, of course it is. I'm not much of a computer person but I'm guessing that the missing dll file is to do with audio. I do have VoiceEdit and if this file should have been on my computer I may have accidentally deleted it ...

Will be grateful for any help ... cheers ...
More
5 years 10 months ago #1582 by Wilson-Steer
Incidentally my comment 'That was quick' was a genuine expression of surprise not sarcasm. I'm in Australia so this was the first email I found this morning ... sweet dreams ...
More
5 years 10 months ago #1583 by SilloAdmin
Please install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. There is the dll included.
www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784.

Both versions
vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
More
5 years 10 months ago #1584 by Wilson-Steer
Lovely, thank you very much ... I'll give that a go ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin
More
5 years 10 months ago #1585 by Wilson-Steer
The x64 app wouldn't load on my PC but the x86 did and it started up. Only thing is I've got no clouds; although clouds indicated in the METAR and although the METAR comes through as a line of type, ATC reports still give me the QNH as set in the Weather option of FS9, therefore it keeps telling me I'm at the wrong altitude. I checked back on the forum and found a couple of queries about clouds but the answers only directed to the Options screen and referenced something called a BIN that had to be tweaked or something. I can't see anything with BIN on it and one of the previous queries was showing the FS nav chart and I don't understand the significance. It was referencing FSX and that might be a difference. Sorry this is maybe not explained well ... any ideas?
More
5 years 10 months ago #1586 by Wilson-Steer
Okay ... I think I worked it out. Switched to User-defined weather and that was it. Beautiful ... METAR said broken clouds at 4000 and scattered at 25, 000 and there they were! ATC told me to decend to 4000 and I skimmed along just under the cloud bases; something I loved doing in real aircraft ... magic ... and ATC giving me the same QNH as the METAR. Beautiful program. My frame rates seem to have suffered ... hard to tell as I'm running an old PC with not much memory and XP as the op system. But that's my problem not yours. Thanks for the help ... pleasant dreams ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #1612 by Wilson-Steer
Hi again ... I had to repair my operating system and now I keep getting the message "The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL.dll whenever I try to start the program. I'm guessing that I lost it in the repair process.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled WX and ran the X86 as you suggested before but still keep getting the same message ... I'm open to any ideas ... cheers, David
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Wilson-Steer. Reason: I didn't think what I'd written was clear ...
More
5 years 7 months ago #1613 by SilloAdmin

Time to create page: 1.137 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.