FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Wx download connection time out

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #3408 by mnmon
Using version 3.1.0.224, trial version, FS2004 with FSUIPC.  FSRWx starts up fine, loads all info files, connects to FS, then 3 out of 4 days cannot download weather, times out on all wx servers: both VATSIMs, NOAA, and IVAO.  Any ideas?   Computer connected via ethernet to our router and all other computers, TVs etc have no problem with internet connection.
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #3412 by mnmon
So a follow up: I got FSRWX to work, but by accident, and it's very strange. By chance, I cleared out my browser history and then started FSRWX and it suddenly worked. After experimenting a bit I found the weather program will ONLY work if I clear out my browser history just prior to running; even if I haven't used the browser so it has no sites stored. I'm using firefox. Strangest interaction I've ever seen between programs...no idea of why this would happen.
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #3415 by SilloAdmin
Hello. Really strange. I've never heard of that.
Do you use any VPN or proxy?

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29
More
4 months 1 week ago #3417 by mnmon
No, not at all. Even after clearing browser out I'm still getting numerous timeouts trying to download the weather, so it was probably just coincidence with the browser. Right now maybe 1 in 5 sessions I'm able to successfully download the weather. Most days it times out after numerous attempts, even after switching from VATSIM to NOAA and then eventually tells me to contact developer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29
Time to create page: 0.988 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.