FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

FSrealwx crashes over and over again

More
8 years 9 months ago #825 by tk92
Hello!

Since a few months I installed FSrealwx, and I have to say, it is great and it works well: however.. It randomly crashes without a reason, and during a long haul when I am away from the computer, it is not a pleasant moment to return after a couple of hours with just one of ten hours of the flight completed (with FS minimized and the notification that FSrealwx has crashed). I am using the FSUIPC interface, and run other programs like FSpassengers and FSrealtime beside it (also connecting with FSUIPC?). Does anyone have an idea what can cause the crashes?

Thank you very much!
Thomas
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin
More
8 years 9 months ago #831 by Izzydee84
The same thing is happening to me. Each time I start the software it will crash just minutes into the flight no matter what I do streamline my system for better memory and smooth performance. I even prioritized it on the task manager giving it priority over any other software. NOTHING worked. Can someone speak on this. I will NOT purchase under these conditions. Thanks.
More
8 years 9 months ago #832 by tk92

Izzydee84 wrote: The same thing is happening to me. Each time I start the software it will crash just minutes into the flight no matter what I do streamline my system for better memory and smooth performance. I even prioritized it on the task manager giving it priority over any other software. NOTHING worked. Can someone speak on this. I will NOT purchase under these conditions. Thanks.

Well it seems that you are having the problem more serious.. It works perfect for me about 50% of the time, and when it crashes I just restart the program and I am not having the issue again for the rest of the flight.. Only problem is when I do a long haul and it crashes after one hour when it is on autopilot for the whole night and when I return in the morning it is not even close to the destination but on my homescreen with a FSrealwx has crashed notification :-) when starting a flight, I am now trying to change the order of starting of some programs (e.g. Starting fsrealwx first and let it update the weather completely, and after that I start fsrealtime. I did not get an error message, however when I minimezed FS after the flight, I didnt see fsrealwx at all which means it crashed silently during the flight.. On the next startup of the program I receive the notification that fsrealwx has not been terminated correctly and if I would like to send the file to the developers.. To be continued
More
8 years 7 months ago #884 by Rivervu42
I just updated my FSrealWX to V202386 and I flew a short FSX flight.
FSreallWX crashed 35 minutes into a 50 min flight HOWEVER, my FSX weather setting continued on the "User-Defined" setting and it appeared my FSX was receiving the current weather from FSrealWX even though I closed the program and sent the usual message to you.
More
8 years 6 months ago #950 by Rivervu42
An Update to my post above.

I really like this program and want to purchase it but my latest experience (10/29/15 on a FSX flight CYHZ-CYUL) has me discouraged. The FSrealwx program crashed 3 times during this short flight and unfortunately there does not appear to be a reason.
I have followed the protocol of emailing the logs as requested by the developers however the communication is all one way, It would be nice to have an explanations as to why these crashes are occurring.

Thanks
Mike
More
8 years 6 months ago #951 by SilloAdmin
I have received the logfile. Thank you.
Just try with the current beta version.

www.fsrealwx.net/index.php/forum/fsrealw...x-v2-03-502-beta#942

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
More
7 years 11 months ago #1178 by N5KPK
I too am having issues with the program crashing just after it loads the weather. When I restart it tells me the program was not shut down properly and would I like to send a report to the developer(s). I click yes and same thing happens ad annoyance infinitum. I have attached 3 screen shots of the error message and it appears it's the same one every time.
When it works, it works great and would like to purchase but not if it's going to be a constant pain in the arse. Running FS9, WIndows 7 and it crashes no matter what aircraft I'm using, no matter if squawkbox is running or not, no matter if FlightSim Commander is running or not.
Thanks for your time!

Cliff

Time to create page: 1.039 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.