FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Bug in metar decoding?

More
8 years 7 months ago #899 by Fredheim
I seem to have stumbled upon some strange behavior in the sim, quite often I would get a thick layer of fog on the ground, with only mountains poking up. I think I have traced it down to the metar decoding of automated stations that don't report visibility conditions(how could they really?), and it seems like it's grabbing the temperature as the visibility, so a 14/05 in the metar turns into 14m visibility. (this sometimes does not hold true, so I may be off in my guessing).

Added is a screenshot of FSrealWx in action, latest beta version, showing the decoded metar with Visibility: 11m, most of the other AUTO stations without visibility info does this as well, except one(CWQO), could be the negative dew point sets it straight(speculation, I know).

Thank you for an otherwise excellent product, I will do my best to upgrade to payed when my financial situation permits so

-
Fredheim

NOTE: Managed to post this in the NEWS section for some reason, deleted that one and reposted here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin
More
8 years 7 months ago #900 by SilloAdmin
Replied by SilloAdmin on topic Bug in metar decoding?
It's fixed. Update coming soon. Maybe tomorrow.
Thx

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
More
8 years 7 months ago #904 by rtrombetta
Replied by rtrombetta on topic Bug in metar decoding?
Hi Sillo!
About the metar decoding problem... You will build other version or the patch will be applied (or was) in the lastest beta version ?

Thanks
More
8 years 7 months ago #907 by SilloAdmin
Replied by SilloAdmin on topic Bug in metar decoding?
Wait until Sunday then comes a new update (BETA).

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rtrombetta
Time to create page: 0.915 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.