FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

FSXE / HD Airport Graphics / FSrealWX Pro

More
7 years 3 months ago #1321 by MichelV69
I'm evaluating v2.04.834 for suitability for VATSIM.

It seems, on my installation at least, that the "HD Airport Graphics" DLC does not get along well with "FSrealWX Pro", trial version. By which I mean that as soon as FSrealWX grabs the METARS from VATSIM, FSXSE crashes to desktop.

If I disable the "HD Airport Graphics" DLC, everything works fine. Likewise, if I enable the DLC, but do not run FSrealWX , everything works as expected. I generally like FSrealWX, and so I'd like to get this issue resolved. Can you provide some suggestions as to where to start?

For reference, my system:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 770
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

More
7 years 3 months ago #1322 by MichelV69

MichelV69 wrote: I generally like FSrealWX, and so I'd like to get this issue resolved. Can you provide some suggestions as to where to start?

Hello?
More
7 years 3 months ago #1323 by SilloAdmin
Hello

How does FSrealWX connect to the simulator? FSUIPC or SimConnect?

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
More
7 years 3 months ago #1324 by MichelV69

SilloAdmin wrote: How does FSrealWX connect to the simulator? FSUIPC or SimConnect?

"FSX - SimConnect Version :10.9.6215.0 v2.04.834" is what it says on the bottom right when it is working as expected.
More
7 years 2 months ago #1338 by MichelV69
If I start up "FSrealWX Pro" with the "auto-connect" option turned off, and manually click the "connect" option, it seems to work just fine.

No crashes, no stability issues, weather updates are delivered as expected.

I consider this an acceptable work-around.
More
7 years 2 months ago #1340 by SilloAdmin
Ok. Thank you.
I will rework the auto-connect-mode again.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
Time to create page: 1.269 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.