FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Weather update - sudden visual changes

More
7 years 2 months ago #1353 by SkyCamel
Hi,
I noticed while flying that I have this sudden visual weather changes like clouds suddenly disappearing or appearing.
I don't know if this is another FSX flaw or if this is the result of the weather update.
In case it is the weather update, I would like to make a suggestion.
Namely, also have a parameter for a "weather update" restriction zone around the aircraft. So that while flying, only those weather stations more than ex. 80 NM away from current position would be updated. Actually, you could use the parameter for "Visibility Limit".So all stations within the visibility limit will not be updated.
Of course, when initializing the flight all weather stations from position till max distance indicated will be updated.
You see, the way I put my parameters is that in FSx I did set my Max Cloud Distance to 90 NM(162KM), that's far enough and doesn't stress my resources to much.
To avoid that I'm flying with a "disc" of clouds around me, I set the Visibility Limit to 150KM. So before the "end" of the appearing clouds I will see haze. Perfect!
No more flying around with a crown of clouds :cheer:
Cheers,
Luc
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin
More
7 years 2 months ago #1355 by SilloAdmin

I don't know if this is another FSX flaw or if this is the result of the weather update.

Yes. I recommend the setting "model file"
I have to think about how to build your ideas.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyCamel
Time to create page: 0.833 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.