FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

your wish list?

More
4 years 3 days ago - 3 years 11 months ago #2347 by niksan29
your wish list? was created by niksan29
1)OAT temperature indication in the date section(implemented)
2)the ability to manually set METAR using copy and paste, it will be useful if we have a METAR code in which we need even if this day has long passed, when the historical weather function does not suit us(for example, it was 5 years ago and we want to repeat it and we have the METAR from this past date)
Thanks!

Cheers!
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by niksan29.
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #2377 by niksan29
Replied by niksan29 on topic your wish list?
OAT it is implemented now, thanks!

New wish:
-external wx radar gauge
-decoding weather phenomenon for metar INFO

and this window:

and make it more convenient for the most user, something like: Badbadweather.com you can find bad weather conditions based on METAR reports

Cheers!
Attachments:
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #2385 by niksan29
Replied by niksan29 on topic your wish list?
+

niksan29 wrote: 2)the ability to manually set METAR using copy and paste, it will be useful if we have a METAR code in which we need even if this day has long passed, when the historical weather function does not suit us(for example, it was 5 years ago and we want to repeat it and we have the METAR from this past date)
Thanks!

I also noticed(requests in other forums) that some users would like to see the function of historical weather loading with saving to a file and the ability to loading from this file later(if necessary) + expand the list of available for historical weather ICAO (eg Tartu Airport (IATA: TAY; ICAO: EETU)):
File Attachment:

Cheers!
Attachments:
More
3 years 11 months ago #2387 by lechat
Replied by lechat on topic your wish list?
Thanks niksan29 for bringing my wish.

Just to clarify, what I need is not necessarily historical weather saved to files.
My use-case is to be able to download weather according to my FS time, not current time. This is because:
- I may resume a flight which I started sometime ago and didn't have time to finish
- I want to start a flight at time which is different to current time (e.g. I can play late in the evening but I want to fly in the morning or daylight settings)

Active Sky offline mode used files which nicely covered my use-case. But files per se is not must.

At least would be nice to have historical weather having good coverage of the stations. Now it misses even major airports in Eastern Europe (like UUEE or UUDD)
The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29
More
3 years 11 months ago #2393 by SilloAdmin
Replied by SilloAdmin on topic your wish list?
I have adjusted the weather files in the server to fix missing airports. It takes some time until the historical weather saves these files.

Again about historical weather.
I can increase the number of months saved to 6 months or a year.
Maybe I'll set FSrealWX to load the weather and what flight time is used in the simulator.
What do you think?

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29
More
3 years 11 months ago #2396 by lechat
Replied by lechat on topic your wish list?
Hi SilloAdmin,

Thank you for reply.
Just checked historical weather again - for yesterday. Still there are no major eastern airports like UUEE or UUDD. Is there server-side filter taking only subset of the stations? Can I change it?

Re: number of months available for historical weather download: 6 is definitely better than 3, and year is better than 6 :).
Option to set a weather according to FS time would be nice to have too.
Thank you.
Time to create page: 1.173 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.