FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

50kts gust component

More
8 years 11 months ago #685 by captain_alligator
Had a weird one this evening, doing a quick circuit around LZSH the plane was all over the place on the takeoff run, checking what XPrealWX had injected into X-Plane it seems the wind was 000 at 2kts but gusting to 50kts (image attached). That explained why the takeoff was crazy and I manually overrode the gust (set it to 0kts) and landed OK.

I was using NOAA as the weather source and it didn't match the METAR feed on my iphone, so maybe I'll stick to VATSIM as the source in future. I've never seen this behaviour before using FSrealWX either in X-Plane or in FSX.

I've also attached X-Plane and FSrealWX log files, unfortunately I didn't take any screenshots from FSrealWX itself to capture the METAR data that was being used. Maybe a spurious bit of data from the NOAA data or maybe a bug?
Time to create page: 0.696 seconds

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.